EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer Matt Mosman discusses what L-Theanine is, the benefits, and the best way to take it.
Ever wonder what the supplement L-Theanine is and what it does?
- L-Theanine is a non-dietary amino acid that is one of the main active ingredients found in green tea.
- The biggest benefit of L-Theanine is it promotes relaxation without sedation.
- It can also reduce perceptions of stress and improve cognition.
- Because of these properties, L-Theanine is an excellent supplement to take before bed to help you “wind down”.
- L-Theanine is also very effective at taking the “edge” off certain stimulants like caffeine and is commonly found in pre-workout supplements.
- To dose L-Theanine take 100-200mg before bed or mix the same amount in your pre-workout (if it’s not already included at the proper dose) if it’s making you feel a little crazy.