Pumpkin Chia Protein Pancakes(Gluten Free)
Ingredient highlights: Tis the season of all things pumpkin! This seasonal flavor is not only delicious but nutritious as well. Pumpkin is a complex starchy carbohydrate that is similar to squash. Vitamin A, beta-carotene, iron, phytosterols, and fiber are found in high amounts and can help with vision, inflammation, cholesterol, and digestion.
- 1/2 cup Nutra Bio Pumpkin Pie Classic Whey (or about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cage free eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Pumpkin spice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp stevia Pure maple syrup (for topping)
- Dash of cinnamon (for topping)
This recipe also features the use of chia seeds for even more of a nutritional boost providing high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, fibers, protein, antioxidants, and a variety of micronutrients. They pack a lot of nutrition in a very small package.
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together until batter is smooth.
- Grease your skillet with either grass fed butter or a non stick spray. To create consistent sized pancake use a large icecream scoop to pour batter into the pan.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when they begin to look dry, form bubbles around the edges, and turn golden brown on the bottom, about 1 minute. Carefully flip and cook on the other side until golden brown, about 1 – 2 more minutes.
- Top with pure maple syrup and cinnamon then enjoy!
Recipe Notes: If you use coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour: add 1 more egg + another ¼ - ½ cup of almond milk. OR use 1/4 cup of coconut flour instead and keep the other ingredients the same. If mixture is too thick add 1 tbsp of almond milk at a time- the chia seeds will expand and absorb a lot of the liquid
Click HERE to purchase Pumpkin Pie Classic Whey Protein
- Yields: 2 servings (6-8 medium pancakes)
- Calories: 380
- Fats: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 32g