SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot is the latest innovation in endurance sports nutrition.
When I started on the concept and formulation of this product it was originally meant to replace sticky, nasty gels that can cause major nausea and GI distress based on digestions kinetics.
While this product works very well in replacing gels, there are so many other ways that SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot can be used to enhance your performance AND RECOVERY.
I would even go as far to say that it is the most versatile product in the EndurElite line-up.
In this product education article, we’ll discuss what exactly what SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot is, what ingredients it contains, and the best way to use it
What’s In It?
At first glance you’ll notice SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot is a pretty simple formula with carbs, electrolytes, and the amino acid taurine. As you dig deeper though you will realize it is more complex then it seems. Let’s briefly discuss each ingredient and why it is included in the formula.
Karbolyn is patented, complex super carb made by All American Pharmaceuticals. SustainElite Liquid Carb shot is the ONLY product on the market to use a concentrated form of Karbolyn
From previous articles you know carbs are your main source of fuel during exercise. You also know that you want to use a combination of simple and complex carbs to get the most benefits.
What is unique about Karbolyn is it is a uniquely engineered homopolysaccharide (relatively complex carbohydrate) with a precisely manipulated “molecular mass.”
This molecular mass is what enables Karbolyn to absorb through the digestive track at a substantially faster rate than most other dietary or supplemental carbs on the market. Up to 18% faster than gels or chews
Even at this hyper-fast rate of absorption, Karbolyn is completely sugar free yet still provides the sustained energy of complex carbohydrates. Think about the implications of that last statement…Karbolyn delivers the best qualities of both simple and complex carbohydrates!
That is why we used this carb as the main ingredient in SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot. If you want to take a Karbolyn deep dive please read this article.
No, taurine doesn’t come from bull semen. It’s manufactured from the amino acids cysteine and methionine. In terms of performance benefits taurine is a real powerhouse…NO BULL!
A recent meta-analysis confirmed multiple benefit of taurine on endurance performance but 4 really stand out.
- Taurine reduces oxidative stress
- Taurine reduces muscle breakdown and muscle acidity during exercise
- Taurine promotes the formation of new blood vessels. More blood going to working muscles = better performance
To learn more about Taurine click here.
What intra-workout would be complete without electrolytes. Contrary to what you may believe, electrolytes have very little to do with cramping. Instead they serve 3 important functions in the body as it relates to exercise performance.
- They keep more water in your cells. Hydrated cells = happy cells and a hydrated body fatigues less quickly…. especially in hot and humid conditions.
- They maintain blood volume. Why is this important? We lose blood volume due to sweating which causes the heart to work harder. This all cumulates in decreased performance. When we supplement with electrolytes blood volume is maintained.
- They prevent hyponatremia…a condition where electrolytes in the body are thrown off due to drinking to much water and not enough sodium and potassium. At best hyponatremia can lead to dizziness and confusion. At worst, it can cause death.
To learn more about electrolytes click here.
How Many Grams Of Carbs Does It Have?
SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot has 20 grams of carbs per 2oz.
What’s The Consistency Of SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot
The most accurate way to describe the consistency is somewhere between water and a syrup. It’s not overly thin or overly thick. This makes it very easier to take without water if you choose.
We designed it this way as we known no one likes having to choke down a nasty gel that can leave your palate sticky or having to gnaw on a chew that leaves your jaw/mouth more fatigued than your body.
What’s It Taste Like?
One word…delicious without being overly sweet. We realized that nutrition products can be hard to take…especially in the later stages of training and racing. During these times sweetness can be the enemy.
With SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot we used a hint of sweetness (lemon lime is a little sweeter than orange) to ensure there would be zero issues when slamming one down during a race. We would even go as far to say that they are extremely refreshing!
Now for the info you’ve been waiting for.
What’s the best ways to use SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot?
SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot has many uses outside of replacing gels or chews. It can be used pre, during, and post training/racing to help you perform better and recover quicker. Let’s discuss each.
- Take 2-3 servings (40-60 grams of carbs) 30 to 60 minutes before exercise to top off muscle glycogen stores. This works extremely well if you have a hard time eating whole food before exercise.
- Mix 1-2 servings in 16 ounces of PerformElite (rocket fuel combo) and take 30 minutes before exercise.
- Take 1-2 servings (20-40 grams of carbs) immediately before (<5 minutes) exercise. This elevates blood glucose and can enhance performance without overloading the stomach.
Here is where things get interesting with SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot. First, if you are exercising under an hour you probably do not need this product or any carb product for that matter. Your body should have enough muscle glycogen to get you through a grueling 60 minute or less workout or race. However, if you are going over an hour, supplemental carbohydrate can help.
- To replace gels, use 1-3 servings (20-60 grams of carbs) of SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot every 60 minutes. The amount you use will be based on intensity, duration, and if you are using other nutritional products like SustainElite Sports Drink.
- Fill a water bottle with it to have a portable powerhouse. Filling a 16-ounce water bottle with SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot will provide 160 grams of carbohydrates. Enough to fuel you for 3-4 hours of exercise. A 20 ounce bottle will have 200 grams and 24 ounce bottle 240 grams. This method is extremely useful if water is available on the course and you can carry a water bottle on your body or bike. Talk about weight savings!
- Make your own sports drink. We all have different taste buds, especially when it comes to sweetness. You can mix as much or as little SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot into 12-24 ounces of water to concoct your own sports drink with your desired sweetness level. Rad!
It’s a popular belief that protein is the only thing you need after exercise to promote recovery. If you’re an endurance athlete though you’ll want to replace lost muscle glycogen as well, so you have energy for your next workout. If you can’t handle real food after a workout, SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot has you covered.
- Take 3-4 servings of SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot during the first 30 minutes after exercise to replenish muscle glycogen
Give It A Shot!
SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot is an evolution in endurance sports nutrition and marks the end of gels as being the only fuel source that can be used during exercise.
If you are tired of having to choke down gels that leave you with a sticky palate (or shorts) and an upset stomach I encourage you to give SustainElite Liquid Carb Shot a try. You won’t regret it!
About The Author: