EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer discusses if caffeine loses its effects with chronic consumption and what runners, cyclists, OCR, and other endurance athletes can do to make caffeine work again.
Ever wonder if you can build a tolerance to caffeine?
- We all know caffeine is one of the BEST if not THE BEST ingredients that can enhance endurance performance.
- But does it lose its effects the more you take it? The answer is no, yes, and in some people, caffeine won’t work at all.
- If you don’t build a tolerance to caffeine stick to 3-6mg/kg body weight 60 minutes before exercise.
- If you feel like caffeine isn’t working as well as it should, bump your dosage up by 25-50mg or abstain from caffeine for 5 days before taking it again.
- Lastly, in some individuals with a genetic variation of the CYP1A2 gene, caffeine won’t work at all.
- For the extended video on caffeine tolerance go here.