We've got your back FOREVER, no matter what. Whether it's been a day or a decade, you can exchange your product anytime, anyplace, and for ANY reason.
It's transparency your way. With just a click on your mobile or desktop, you can easily check the test results of your supplement bottle.
All of our supplements are held to the highest quality and purity standards, verified through rigorous third-party testing to ensure label accuracy.
NUTRABIO MUSCLE MATRIX MRP!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Complete Meal Replacement.
- Contains all macronutrients Protein, Carbs, Fats and Fiber.
- Contains micronutrients including Vitamins and Minerals.
- Can be used as a meal or a snack just by adjusting the scoop size.
- Follows the 40-40-20 profile to match the 90-Day Challenge protocol.
- Low Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load promote slow & level Insulin response.
- Keeps blood sugar levels in normal range.
- Will not compromise your efforts.
COMPLETE 40:40:20 MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE
NutraBio Muscle Matrix MRP is a comprehensive meal replacement formula designed to provide your body with the ideal blend of critical macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals to help you meet your nutritional needs and satisfy hunger. Developed using a 40:40:20 ratio of proteins to carbs to fats and a patented fiber compound, Muscle Matrix MRP supports muscle growth and repair, replenishes glycogen (energy) stores, enhances lipolysis (the speed at which fats are broken down), and helps keep blood glucose levels in check. On the surface, it may seem like Muscle Matrix MRP is no different from any other meal replacement product on the market today, but nothing could be farther from the truth. What puts Muscle Matrix MRP in a class of its own and makes it the #1 rated meal replacement product on SupplementReviews.com are where the macronutrients are derived from, its clean profile, and the lack of unneeded fillers. Take a look at Muscle Matrix MRP's fully transparent label and you will find:
- 13 grams of Whey Protein Isolate - Gram for gram the purest form of protein available (90% pure protein). Whey isolates are rapidly digested and cause robust increases in hyperaminoacidemia (elevated amino acid levels in the blood) that remains elevated after 1.5 hours and returns to baseline after approximately 3-5 hours. These elevated levels increase protein synthesis and anabolism.
- 12 grams of Micellar Casein - Micellar casein coagulates in the gut and is digested slower than whey protein isolate. This leads to a slow increase in amino acid concentrations in the blood that remain elevated for up to 7 hours, thus prolonging muscle protein synthesis. The combination of isolates and casein in Muscle Matrix MRP work together at the right times to help you achieve results.
- 16.5 grams of Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) - Not your typical carbohydrate; HBCD has a high molecular weight and ultra-low osmolality. The result is a carbohydrate that replenishes muscle glycogen stores and provides smooth, constant energy without spiking blood sugar levels or causing gastric distress.
- 9 grams of Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) - Considered a "healthy fat," the MCTs found in Muscle Matrix MRP are derived from coconut. Studies have shown the MCTs can increase metabolic rate and the speed at which fats are broken down to release fatty acids into the bloodstream to be used as energy. This may lead to improvements in body composition.
- 4 grams of Fibersol®-2 - A digestion-resistant maltodextrin, Fibersol2® helps support intestinal regularity and does not alter healthy, steady-state glucose or insulin levels. What's more, Fibersol2® has been clinically demonstrated to delay post-meal hunger and increase the satiety hormones PYY and GLP-1 that help tell your brain that you are full.
- Full Spectrum Vitamin and Mineral Profile - Considered essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals act in unison to perform hundreds of vital roles in the body, such as bone formation, wound healing, and strengthening the immune system. They also convert food into energy and repair cellular damage. The vitamin and minerals found in Muscle Matrix MRP may help supplement micronutrient deficiencies found in a regular diet.
When you're pressed for time and still trying to stick to your diet and training regimen, it can be tough to find something that satisfies your hunger needs that still provides everything you need to meet your macros. Muscle Matrix MRP offers a healthy, convenient meal replacement choice or snack for the on-the-go fitness enthusiast who doesn't have time to sit down and eat but still wants a filling, nutritious option without all the junk typically found in unhealthy and unappetizing fast foods, snacks, or substandard meal replacement products. Muscle Matrix MRP contains no fillers, amino spiking, excipients, dextrose, added sugar or carbs, artificial colors, GMOs, or banned substances. Only the most effective, research-proven, and cleanest ingredients were selected by NutraBio, the most trusted name in sports nutrition, to create the premier meal replacement product on the market today.
Muscle Matrix MRP is much more than a standard meal replacer or snack; it is a nutrient dense, finely balanced combination of high-quality functional ingredients designed to support your training, diet, and efforts to build a better body.
Still not convinced NutraBio Muscle Matrix MRP is the gold standard of meal replacement shakes? Check out what others are saying:
- "NutraBio has another winner in Muscle Matrix MRP. Is anyone really surprised?" - Submitted by htevans via SupplementReviews.com
- "Great snack to have; especially while cutting." - Submitted by JayT via SupplementReviews.com
- "Perfect MRP supplement for quick meals before training!" - Submitted by pancow via SupplementReviews.com
- "When you put out quality like NutraBio you don't need catchy headlines" - Submitted by shae2311 via SupplementReviews.com
The Science Behind NutraBio Muscle Matrix MRP
A closer look at the ingredients used to make NutraBio Muscle Matrix MRP, the premier meal replacement product on the market
A Quick Word About Milk Proteins as a Whole
Extensive research on milk proteins (whey and casein) has been conducted as it relates to their roles in enhancing adaptations from exercise. This research has shown that milk proteins, ingested following exercise and throughout the day, can speed recovery, promote a positive nitrogen balance, increase glycogen replenishment, and improve hydration status- ultimately leading to increases in skeletal muscle hypertrophy and neuromuscular strength. When compared to other protein sources, milk proteins have the highest PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) and contain the greatest density of leucine (whey 11%; casein 9.3%), the primary branched chain amino acid responsible for stimulating muscle protein synthesis. While both whey and casein are high in quality, they do differ extensively in the rate they digest, which offers a unique benefit to individuals when they are combined together.
WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATES... The Fuel that Ignites Muscle Protein Synthesis
Whey protein isolates digest and absorb rapidly and are, gram for gram, the purest form of protein available (90% pure protein). This level of purity is achieved through a cold cross-flow micro- and ultra-filtration process that removes the larger, less-absorbable protein molecules while also filtering out the fat, lactose, and ash that can be present in whey concentrates and substandard protein powders. Furthermore, this process does not denature the valuable proteins and peptides in whey, so the protein itself is of a higher quality.
Studies suggest the ingestion of fast-acting protein sources, such as whey isolates, can increase amino acid levels in systemic circulation and stimulate robust increases in protein synthesis, arguably the most important physiological factor in existence when it comes to muscle growth, strength, and recovery. What's more, since whey protein isolates generally are low in carbs, lactose free, fat free, cholesterol free, and gluten free, it makes them the perfect choice for low-carb dieters, lactose intolerant individuals, or athletes who want to get ripped while packing on muscle.
MICELLAR CASEIN... The Fuel that Sustains Muscle Protein Synthesis
While whey isolates digest and absorb quickly, micellar casein digests and absorbs more slowly. Because it is digested slowly and leads to a relatively sustained increase in amino acids, micellar casein seems to inhibit protein breakdown to a greater extent than whey protein isolates and prolongs muscle protein synthesis (MPS).
It should also be noted that not all casein is equivalent. Micellar casein, as opposed to caseinate, is isolated from milk by filtration rather than by use of acid or heat. This filtration method preserves the structural integrity of the protein. When heat or acid is used to separate casein out of milk, the micelle's structures are altered, resulting in a loss of biological activity and digestibility. It's not surprising then that undamaged milk proteins, such as micellar casein, provide more than just a source of amino acids. It also provides many biologically active proteins that have direct immune and physiological benefits. This is why micellar casein and not an inferior casein was used as the slow digesting protein in Muscle Matrix MRP.
WHEY ISOLATES + MICELLAR CASEIN = A powerful one-two punch for igniting and prolonging muscle protein synthesis
From the above information, it is not hard to see that when whey isolate and micellar casein are combined into one formula, such as in Muscle Matrix MRP, gym-goers, athletes, and fitness enthusiasts alike can reap the benefits of both proteins. On the one hand, whey isolate ingestion leads to a rapid spike in amino acids levels, which increases muscle protein synthesis more than micellar casein. On the other hand, micellar casein tends to have a more anticatabolic effect than whey isolates and prolongs muscle protein synthesis to a greater extent. The combination of the two means greater increases in lean muscle mass and shorter recovery times compared to when they are ingested separately.
In fact, a 2006 study conducted by Kerksick et al. examined the influence of a fast protein source (whey) compared to a blend of fast and slow proteins (whey and casein), ingested post-exercise over a 10-week period of resistance training. Subjects who ingested the blend of fast and slow protein showed significantly greater increases in muscle mass (+1.8 kg) than those who ingested only the fast protein.
HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN... A Performance Enhancing Super Carb
Carbohydrates have been cast in a negative light the past few years with so-called experts stating they cause weight gain, excess body fat, negative blood lipid profiles, and a host of other problems that can wreak havoc on our health (all of which are simply not true). However, what these experts fail to tell you are that carbohydrates are the preferred source of fuel during anaerobic exercise, such as sprinting or weight lifting. Adequate carbohydrate consumption, broken down into glucose in the bloodstream or stored in muscle tissue as glycogen, ensures you have the stamina to power through your workouts without hitting a wall. In fact, various professional fitness organizations recommend 50-60% of total daily calories should come from carbohydrates in order to produce optimal performance in athletes. On the other hand, inadequate carbohydrate consumption can cause your body to use protein as energy, which in turn affects the ability of muscle to repair and recover. Simply put, carbohydrates are king when it comes to exercise performance. It should be noted though that not all carbohydrates are created equal. This is why NutraBio formulated Muscle Matrix MRP using the patented super carb ClusterDextrin®.
Unlike a typical carb such as dextrose or sucrose, ClusterDextrin® is a low glycemic, highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD), which has a high molecular weight and ultra-low osmolality. This property of HBCD makes it highly soluble and promotes fast gastric emptying, virtually eliminating any gastric distress often associated with less advanced carbohydrates. ClusterDextrin® also maintains a slow release, offering the ideal interaction between carbohydrate breakdown and the normal release of free fatty acids. The result is superior carbohydrate absorption and smooth, constant energy without spiking blood sugar levels.
ClusterDextrin® has also been clinically proven to improve endurance performance and lower markers for stress hormones after exhaustive exercise compared to other carbohydrate sources. In a 2013 human clinical trial of ClusterDextrin®, 24 adult male athletes showed that during cycling exercise, the group administered 15 grams of Cluster Dextrin performed better than those who took the same amount of a maltodextrin. An additional research study conducted in 2015 found swimmers who supplemented with HBCD before performing intervals at 75-90% VO2 max were able to improve time to exhaustion by 70% compared to when they supplemented with either water or glucose. Lastly, a 2014 study conducted by Suzuki et al. found that triathletes who supplemented with HBCD before a race had a reduced stress hormone response and lower urinary cytokine levels compared to when they supplemented with glucose. This suggests that HBCD lowers the inflammatory response of exercise, which in turn leads to increases in performance and less time spent recovering.
From the information presented above, it is easy to see why ClusterDextrin® is the most advanced super carb available and far superior to lower quality carbohydrate sources. No other carbohydrate can rival its effectiveness and ergogenic properties. This is why it was included in Muscle Matrix MRP.
MEDIUM-CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES... The Fat that Acts More Like a Carbohydrate
The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) found in Muscle Matrix MRP are derived from coconut and contain no hydrogenated oil, trans fats, or cholesterol. As a fatty acid, MCTs are shorter in length than long-chain fatty acids, such as vegetable oils. Once absorbed into the bloodstream, they bypass the digestion process that longer chain fatty acids go through and thus, provide a quick source of energy and are less likely to be stored in fat cells. This is why it is often said MCTs act more like a carbohydrate than a fat. Furthermore, when MCTs are combined with carbohydrates and proteins, there is a significant thermogenic effect that leads to more calories being burned and fewer calories being stored as fat, which in turn may help reduce body fat levels. Lastly, MCTs may have a protein and carbohydrate sparing effect within the body since they can be used for energy. This means greater reserves of amino acids to promote growth and recovery and greater glycogen stores to fuel prolonged efforts. In summary, MCTs provide fats in the diet that can be used to support activity or growth without contributing to stored body fat like other fat sources.
A 2003 study by St-Onge et al. discovered that subjects who consumed MCTs for a period of 28 days lost more adipose tissue and had increased energy expenditure and fat oxidation levels compared to individuals who consumed long-chain triglycerides. From the results, the researcher concluded that MCTs might aid in the prevention of obesity and stimulate weight loss. In support of these results, Tsuji et al. (2001) found individuals who supplemented with MCTs over the course of 12 weeks were able to significantly decrease body weight, overall body fat, and subcutaneous fat compared to a group who consumed long-chain triglycerides. From a performance perspective, there is limited evidence that suggests MCTs may improve training efforts. A 2001 study by Oopik et al. found that runners who supplemented with MCTs for a period of 7 days increased the availability of ketone bodies for oxidation in working muscles during high-intensity exercise. The researchers concluded that this could possibly improve performance by prolonging time to exhaustion.
High-energy athletes and fitness enthusiasts need more fuel to perform at their best. The MCTs in combination with the ClusterDextrin® found in Muscle Matrix MRP give working muscles the "gas" to power through even the most grueling workouts.
FIBERSOL®-2 FIBER... Delay Post-Meal Hunger and Increase Satiety
Fibersol®-2 is a patented, digestion-resistant soluble corn fiber that acts as a low-calorie bulking agent containing 90 percent dietary fiber. It is also FDA GRAS (generally recognized as safe) status. Technically considered a carbohydrate, dietary fiber cannot be digested by the intestinal tract. As such, it confers many health benefits including normalizing bowel movements, lowering cholesterol, controlling blood sugar, and aiding in achieving/maintaining a healthy weight.
Studies show that, when taken with a meal, Fibersol®-2 may attenuate the rise in serum glucose following the meal. Fibersol®-2 has the potential to reduce peak postprandial blood glucose and insulin levels that are within the normal range in healthy individuals. In addition, studies show that Fibersol®-2 does not alter healthy, steady-state blood glucose or insulin levels. Data also suggest that, when taken with a meal or food, Fibersol®-2 may attenuate the rise in serum triglycerides following the meal and that it may help retain healthy serum triglyceride levels.
While the above studies demonstrate the health benefits of Fibersol-2, the main reason it was included in Muscle Matrix MRP is due to its ability to delay post-meal hunger and increase the specific satiety hormones PYY and GLP-1. PYY and GLP-1 are satiety hormones released from the gut that help tell your brain that you are full. In a clinical study, people who consumed Fibersol® -2 felt fuller longer than those who didn't.
How to use Muscle Matrix MRP as a Meal Replacement or Snack:
MRPs vs Protein Shakes
Most people may be under the misunderstanding that an MRP is just another protein powder, but there are a number of differences between the two that you should be aware of.
Meal replacement shakes are designed to REPLACE one of your daily meals. These shakes are created to provide your body with wide array of essential nutrients. A good MRP, like Muscle Matrix MRP, contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats, essential vitamins and minerals and is between 220 to 500 calories.
A protein shake, on the other hand, is just that-PROTEIN. They typically contain very few carbohydrates, fats, or other essential nutrients. Protein shakes are lower calorie and are not intended to replace a meal.
The NutraBio Difference
Muscle Matrix MRP represents a commitment to quality NutraBio made when we opened our doors 20 years ago. This commitment involves using only the highest quality ingredients backed by research, effective clinical doses, and no proprietary blends, fillers, excipients, or other potentially unhealthy or unneeded additives. Although the industry makes it seems like this is a new trend, the fact is NutraBio pioneered these concepts well over a decade ago. For us, it has never been a question of when is it a good time to start being honest. We have always been the innovators, not the imitators. This innovation is reflected in what we believe is the most advanced meal replacement formula on the market today... Muscle Matrix MRP.
MUSCLE MATRIX MRP FAQS
What exactly is an MRP?
- Meal Replacement Proteins, or MRPs, contain a blend of calories, carbohydrate, protein, fats, and many other nutrients all packaged into one healthy, convenient option for the on-the-go fitness enthusiast who doesn't have time to sit down and eat but still wants a filling, nutritious option.
What is the best way to take Muscle Matrix MRP?
- Using the dosage chart above, add 1-3 scoops of MRP to 8-14 ounces of cold water or your favorite beverage and stir, shake, or blend. To make a creamy smoothie, add 2-3 ice cubes and put into blender for 20-30 seconds. Vary the amount of liquid to meet your desired taste and consistency. For delicious pudding: Spoon stir water slowly into MRP powder until you achieve a pudding consistency. Place in a refrigerator or freezer for 20 minutes.
When is the best time to take Muscle Matrix MRP?
- Take Muscle Matrix MRP when you can't find time to cook and eat a healthy meal or as a healthy alternative to a typical snack. If you're bulking, consider taking Muscle Matrix MRP every couple of hours to help get in those crucial extra calories to fuel your muscle-building efforts.
Is consuming too much protein bad for your kidneys?
- Absolutely not. This is a myth. There is no scientific literature that shows that eating a high protein diet has any detrimental effects on renal function in otherwise healthy individuals.
What makes NutraBio Muscle Matrix MRP better than other meal replacement shakes on the market?
- The blend of high-quality macronutrients in ideal ratios combined with an unmatched level of transparency. What you see on the label is EXACTLY what you get.