EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer Matt Mosman discusses how caffeine works on a physiological level to help you run, bike, and do other endurance exercise FASTER!
How Does Caffeine Work?
Like the way caffeine makes you feel but ever wonder how it works?
- When you ingest caffeine it competes with another molecule in the body called adenosine for the adenosine receptor.
- When adenosine binds to the receptor you feel tired and fatigued.
- When caffeine binds to the receptor you feel energized, focused, and experience less pain during hard exercise.
- Doses of 3-6mg per kg body weight 60 minutes before exercise for enhanced performance.
- Caffeine anhydrous has been demonstrated to be superior to the caffeine found in coffee.