EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer Matt Mosman discusses how many carbs you should be eating in the days leading up to your next big race.
The Best Way To Carb Load Before A Race
- Ever wonder what the best way to carb load is before your next big race?
- While research has described multiple techniques, one appears to be the most effective
- In the 3 days leading up to your race consume 600 grams or 8-10 grams of carbs per kg body daily in conjunction with a week of tapering and a rest day the day before the race
- This can enhance muscle glycogen stores by 20-40%
- Take home point…..EAT ALL THE CARBS and rest leading up to the race to perform your best