Iron Chelate (18mg)
Iron Chelate (18mg)
We've got your back FOREVER, no matter what. Whether it's been a day or a decade, you can exchange your product anytime, anyplace, and for ANY reason.
It's transparency your way. With just a click on your mobile or desktop, you can easily check the test results of your supplement bottle.
All of our supplements are held to the highest quality and purity standards, verified through rigorous third-party testing to ensure label accuracy.
Features of NutraBio Iron
- 18 mg iron per serving*
- High bioavailability (easily absorbed)*
- Promotes healthy red blood cell formation*
- Less gastric upset than inorganic iron supplements*
- Does not react with other nutrients*
Iron is an essential mineral that is required for growth and development. Your body uses iron to make hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body as well as myoglobin, a protein that provides oxygen to muscles. Iron is also needed for the synthesis of certain hormones and DNA. However, iron deficiency is one of the most widespread nutrient deficiencies across the globe.[2,3] Additionally, certain individuals also are more likely to have difficulties getting enough iron.
Iron deficiency may lead to[2,3]:
- GI upset
- Muscle weakness
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Compromised immune function
Fortunately, iron supplements have been shown to be beneficial for supporting one’s daily iron requirements. The premier iron supplement on the market is Ferrochel®
What is Ferrochel®?
Ferrochel® is a unique, fully-chelated iron supplement formed by binding iron to two organic glycine molecules. It is the most bioavailable and research-supported form of supplemental iron available today.*
What Makes Ferrochel® Unique?
Conventional iron carries a positive electrical charge, but Ferrochel is ionically neutral, which means it does NOT deactivate or block the absorption of other nutrients.* This is especially important in multivitamins.* The small molecular size of Ferrochel allows it to remain intact throughout the G.I. tract for optimal absorption.* In fact, compared to inorganic iron, Ferrochel® (Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate) is more bioavailable and causes less gastric upset.[3,4,5] Additionally, clinical research comparing inorganic iron to Ferrochel® documented study participants reported fewer instances of GI upset with Ferrochel® than with ferrous sulfate (a form of supplemental iron commonly used in dietary supplements). Ferrochel® is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and holds numerous safety and kosher certifications.*
- Abbaspour N, Hurrell R, Kelishadi R. Review on iron and its importance for human health. J Res Med Sci. 2014;19(2):164-174.
- DeMaeyer EM, Adiels-Tegman M. The prevalence of anemia in the world. World Health Stat Q 1985;38:302–16.
- Duque X, Martinez H, Vilchis-Gil J, et al. Effect of supplementation with ferrous sulfate or iron bis-glycinate chelate on ferritin concentration in Mexican schoolchildren: a randomized controlled trial. Nutr J. 2014;13:71. Published 2014 Jul 15. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-13-71
- Milman N, Jønsson L, Dyre P, Pedersen PL, Larsen LG. Ferrous bisglycinate 25 mg iron is as effective as ferrous sulfate 50 mg iron in the prophylaxis of iron deficiency and anemia during pregnancy in a randomized trial. J Perinat Med. 2014;42(2):197-206. doi:10.1515/jpm-2013-0153
- Szarfarc SC, de Cassana LM, Fujimori E, Guerra-Shinohara EM, de Oliveira IM. Relative effectiveness of iron bis-glycinate chelate (Ferrochel) and ferrous sulfate in the control of iron deficiency in pregnant women. Arch Latinoam Nutr. 2001 Mar;51(1 Suppl 1):42-7. PMID: 11688081.